to Ask Your Agency
Key concepts in selecting the right digital marketing partner
View All Posts
By Meredith Dunn
By Meredith Dunn
Meredith is a BECK Digital enthusiast with a weak spot for business planning, full cycle digital marketing and killer content.
How to Evaluate a Digital Marketing Agency
A website redesign or software development project is a large investment of time, capital and resources. Partnering with an ill-fitting agency can cost you money, marketing campaigns and even your company’s reputation.
While a marketing service may understand the online marketing goals and software functionality requirements of your project, it’s more important that they have the technology experience and web development chops to get the job done. For example, if your project includes custom mobile apps to distribute your products or services, does the service provider understand the proper web application methodology? Before partnering with a marketing firm, go beneath the surface and examine how it operates and tackles digital challenges. This is where a full service digital agency’s true capabilities and knowledge lay.
To get you started, we created five critical questions to help you assess the proficiency of a digital agency before your next project. Does your agency hit the mark?
- How do you evaluate a web development company?
- Does the agency understand technology and its impact on search engine optimization and user experience?
- What should your agency have in their web design project plan?
- How do you evaluate a digital agency's custom software development experience?
- Should an agency utilize usability and A/B testing for your company’s online efforts?
What's Up Next?